A user had created a database on an SQl server, then when that user left the company,there account was removed from the system, leaving the database with no owner!
When you right click on the database to get the properties, you get the following error:
Cannot show requested dialog.
Cannot show requested dialog. (SqlMgmt)
Property Owner is not available for Database ’[YOURDATABASENAME ]’. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights.
The way to fix this is to assign a new owner by running the following query:
EXEC sp_changedbowner “YOUR USERNAME”
A user crashed out of MYOB AccountRight Enterprise the other day and when they tried to go back in, got the following error:
AccountRight Enterprise must terminate.
Termination Code: 1233 error
Important Details: Error -3000 in DMBegin transaction (5033:7020:4).
I asked another user to open the same file, but they also got this error.
This message means that the file is corrupted, so you can either restore from a backup, or run the “optimisation assistant” tool from the MYOB Tools menu from within the start menu.
This will run a repair and optimisation of the file and takes a few minutes depending on the file size.
I was trying to open up a guest in the Hyper-V Manager console and I got the following error:
“An authentication error has occured (Code: 0x8009030e) ”
I then tried to open a few other guests and got the same error. I restarted the Hyper-V Manager, but had the same problem.
The simple fix is to log out of the server, then log back in and you will be able to open the guests again.
This happens if you are usually disconnecting from the host, rather than logging in and out each time as the credentials become stale.
Set databse into single user mode
ALTER DATABASE <DBNAME> SET
SINGLE_USER WITH Rollback Immediate
Set database into multi user mode
ALTER DATABASE [DBNAME] SET
MULTI_USER WITH NO_WAIT
We were trying to take a database offline and it eventually failed fter about 5 minutes. I didn’t want to restart the SQL services or the server as there were many other databases on the server.
The simple way to fix this error is to merely close and then re-open the management studio.
We have a VMWare Fusion user running MAC OSX 10.6 host with a Windows XP guest who would end up with white boxes displayed instead of the correct menus. A reboot would fix it for a few hours, then it would happen again, requiring yet another reboot.
The way we fixed it is as follows.
On the guest Windows XP do the following.
Click Start > Control Panel > Display.
Click Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot.
Move the Hardware acceleration slider one notch to the left toward None.
Click OK until you close the Display Properties dialog.
Reboot the guest Windows XP operating system.
We had a fresh install of Windows 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 on a developers machine that was getting this error when trying to access a MVC 2.0 .Net 4.0 website hosted locally on IIS7. Various fixes talk about making sure there is a default document, and also about turning on directory browsing, but neither of those work. (MVC 2.0 does not need a default document specified).
The issue was that .Net framework 4.0 had not installed correctly, so here is what you need to do to fix it.
1.) Run a command prompt as Administrator.
2.) Copy and paste the following text “C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319aspnet_regiis.exe -i”
This is assuming that you have already installed MVC 2.0 And .Net Framework 4.0 , but not in the correct order.
When you try to activate a volume licence version of Windows 2008 Server (Windows 7 as well), you may get the following message.
Key management services (KMS) host could not be located in domain name system (DNS) – 0×8007232B – MAK – KMS
This is due to some changes made with the way Volume licence activations are done at Microsoft.
The way to fix this is as follows:
1.) Go into Control panel.
2.) Click on system(or System and maintenance depending on your control panel view).
3.) Click on change product key and enter your Volume licence key.
You should now be able to activate Windows!
I ran some Windows updates on a Microsoft OCS 2007(Office Communications server) server running on 64bit Windows 2003, and when I rebooted, the front-end service would not start.
I realised that having just run some updates, that one of them would be the culprit.
So I had a look around and found that I need to remove the KB974571update, reboot and then the service started prefectly!
I had a Windows XP machine that I needed to change some folder permissions, but as this computer was a member of a Workgroup, the tab is hidden.
All you need to enable this is to follow these steps.
1. Open up regedit
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsa
3. Change the ForceGuest key from 1 to 0
Now you will be able to see the security tab.